booster plumbing, 4cyl swap, IH goodies, fuel pump pressure

>From: Russel DeArman <russde_93@domain.elided>
>Subject: Brake booster

>  Please tell me that the threads on this galvanized
>pipe are the same pattern as the original ones in the
>manifold. What does the 'normal' connector for the
>booster vacuum look like?
>Thanks,
 =20
Pipe nipple to a brass pipe 'cross', plugs in the unused holes and a hose
fitting(single lip, not barb style) for the booster hose. All off the shelf
plumbing stuff...IH practicality at it's finest ;)

>Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 12:49:58 -0400
>From: Chad Sibert <csibert@domain.elided>
>Subject: 196
>
>I know I posed this question once before, but I just want to be clear:
>A 196 from a Scout II should work without any major problems in a '66
>800, right?  Obviously the engine mounts are different, but are there
>any other issues to be concerned with?

Tom M. covered most of this, I thought I add you need the correct
bellhousing for the 15=B0 tilt of the engine...

>Also, what should one be checking for before buying an engine that has
>been stored complete, but off the vehicle, for several years?

Ideally, you'd want to try and spin the motor(make sure it has oil in it
;)) and get compression check going. It'd be cold, of course, but you might
find a major problem if it existed.

>Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 13:19:21 -0700
>From: "Rik DesJardin" <rik@domain.elided>
>Subject: Re: IH Match box
>
>When I worked parts at an IH dealership in the 80's I was almost sick of=
 the
>IH paraphinailia that was all around me, boy I wish I had some of it now.
>Rik

No doubt....how about those spanky dealership coveralls/shop coats/button
down shirts from the '60's? Way stylish, anybody have some they want to
part with?

>So, what's a good fuel pressure to expect from a
>mechanical pump?  Sorry for all of the questions, but my learning process
>continues...

4-6psi IIRC from the factory manual.

Jim