My "V"'d front axle

I mentioned a while back my front tires had a "V" to them, and Steve
Stegmann suggested purchasing some "camber shims" for the spindle.

I tore down the passenger side (the worst) last night around 1am, and
sure enough, found the shim I remembered finding before.  Looking at it,
I had the tapered shim on precisely upside-down.. so instead of taking
OUT the "V" I was adding to it.

I turned the shim around so it's in the proper orientation, and it looks
much better now.

I might have to look and see if there's a shim on the driver's side that
I put on backwards or not.. it's not as severe.

My tie-rod could used replaced.. some slop in it now. :-(

Anyone have information on the pinion spline count for a '67 800's rear
Dana 44 vs. my Scout II axles?  Still haven't tracked that answer down
yet..

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout/index.html
'77 Scout II - closer to being flat footed now
'72 Scout II - when will this frame off get back on track?
'77/8 Scout II - racer in progress!
'72 1110 Travelall 4x4 - next week the intake goes on (after it stops
snowing)