Hybrid vehicles

Saw something on TV a couple years ago that has possibilities. It replaces
the regular engine with a gas turbine jet engine, which in turn powers a
high-output generator to power an electric motor. It could be retrofitted to
any vehicle (as I remember, this particular one was in a Caddy or Lincoln
sized car), performed very well as far as acceleration went, and - get
this - got 1,000 miles on a tank of gasoline! It also had low emissions, due
to the efficiency of the gas turbine. I'd like to see that one hit the
market...