Re: My Brakes

Skip:

Although I cannot tell you exactly what is wrong, I can say that if you
have to use two feet to stop, there is definitely something wrong with the
brakes on your Scout.

Most common occurance seems to be power booster failure. Hook a vacuum
guage up to it and pump like hell. See if it holds vacuum.

Also, on mine,  a very wierd problem that took forever to figure out: The
"plunger" that enters the back of the power booster, got some dust and
corrosion on it. So, it would go in with pedal pressure, but only come part
way back out. That meant my brakes dragged (especially front discs) and I
thought I was getting bad rebuilt MCs.

Tom H.