Brake booster

Since we (the list) are on the topic of brake
boosters, let me throw this out....
  On my '73 304 I have the brake booster for the drum
brakes...the vacuum hose goes from the booster unit to
the intake manifold. That's where the problem is, the
connector to the manifold is what looks like a piece
of 1/2" galvanized pipe about 3 inches long then an
adapter then a piece of threaded copper tubing the the
hose is clamped to.
  Please tell me that the threads on this galvanized
pipe are the same pattern as the original ones in the
manifold. What does the 'normal' connector for the
booster vacuum look like?
Thanks,

===
Russ D.