Electric Vehicles

As a heavy-duty laptop user since '91, I could have told them not to bother
in the first place.  I have both a laptop battery and a cell phone batter
(both <2 yrs old ) that if I wasn't so ecologically sensitive I would enjoy
hurling into the ocean.  I mean, not only did they never power the equipment
long enough but they're already completely dead- and $$$ to replace.

OTOH:

>).  I really wanted to lease one of the GM EV1 when they came out

I have a 35 mi commute that takes me through the city.  I would actually
enjoy running an EV1 back and forth- which it would be capable of.  Never
check oil, brake linings would last forever, dead silent at a stop, the
ultimate creeper for traffic jams, etc. etc.

But it would have to be <20K and the batteries would have to never need
replacing.

In Use: 70 1210 4x4 TE, 73 1210 WM
Project (2nd time) 67 1000B PU
Parts: 67 1000B TA   68 1100 4x4 TA  72 1010 TA