Electrical Questions

>I want to ... forget about electrical problems.

Lease a Saturn.  I can't be the only Scout owner to keep a test light in
the console.  If you bypass the bulkhead connectors (probably the worst
design on the Scout) you still have 20 y\o light sockets, etc.
Occasional electrical probs are part of the deal...

Mostly you can fix 'em with emery cloth, dielectic grease & elbow grease.

Bob
77 Scout II  <-- dim bulbs, occasional outages, daily driver