Re: "Top Oil"

Transmission oil into the carb.  Used to do that.  Pour it in till it runs
rough.  Keep that up for a while and then pour enough in to just kill it.
Used to be some products that were sold for this too.

Smoke, Stink, but would help.

Ford still makes a product (spray can now) to be used to clean the EFI
throttle valve.  Use it pretty much like this.  Ford, and several dealer
mechanics have told me to use this when it runs bad, **before** I spend
money on a visit to the dealer.  On my Fords just a miniscule amount of
dirt around the edge of the throttle will play havoc with the operation.

Steve

Steven A. Stegmann
     _/_/_/    _/      _/_/_/ "No free man shall ever be debarred the use
   _/    _/   _/_/   _/    _/  of arms.  The strongest reason for the
   _/        _/ _/   _/        people to retain the right to keep and bear
    _/_/    _/  _/    _/_/     arms is, as a last resort, to protect
       _/  _/_/_//       _/    themselves against tyranny in government"
 _/_/_/  _/     _/ _/_/_/         Thomas Jefferson, June 1776