Travelall Engine Work

In my Scout II, I usually sit on the fender, or on the cowl, with my
feet on the core supports, air conditioning compressor, or some such.
Seems like a good spot to sit and work on the carb and such...

On my Travelall, the hood opens the wrong way!  PLUS, it doesn't have
the "hinge mount" that runs across the top of the radiator like the
Scout.. so even leaning on the radiator with any weight causes it to
creak n' groan in a not-so-nice manner..

I'm picking up my intake gaskets tonight and might find my way outside
to start cleaning up the valley and heads to put the manifold on.. and I
know it's heavy, so where do I sit to do this work? ;)

Anyone know what bolts I'll need to put the intake on?  They're missing,
so a trip to the hardware store is in order as well.. or I could grab
the bolts from the junk 345 I have.. hmm.. maybe that's it.

Should have keys tonight.. I can test if the rear window works n' such.

Still haven't located the engine dip stick.  I'll need to figure out
where the coil wire is, too.. coil is lying loose in the battery tray,
and the distributor needs a new cap (since it doens't have one).

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
A few Scout IIs and a '72 1110 Travelall