Re: Warn Premium Hubs

Kevin Curry wrote:

> I was thinking about picking up some Warn Premium hubs later today. Is
> there anything special that I need to go with these to install them in
> our '75 Scout II? I'll be replacing some Selectro's.

About $120, right?  You may want to think more like $220 and get the
new-style Warns that are internal type units - no bolts to work loose,
and stronger.  Plus there's no more dealing with the spindle nut
torquing and bent washers (my bearings are getting re-tightened
tonight).

Do you have the spindle nut wrench for the Scout?  You'll need that
before you can do the swap.

If you opt for the new style Warns, you may just but the wrench for the
new style (I think it uses a different wrench, like the Ford/Chevy
nuts), and just chisel off your OE spindle nuts.  If you get the Warn
replacement-for-stock type hubs, then buy the right wrench and do it
right.

I have one Dualmatic hub on my Scout.. and one in a brown paper bag in
may itty bitty pieces.. except for the main cap that's in one piece,
though split down one side.. it shot about 25 feet out from the truck
when it blew...

-Tom