Getting Sentimental

Digest,

Sorry for using up all the space, but I just had to comment on how small
this world is. I am currently working and living in Paris, France.  I
bought a 77 Scout II when I was home on vacation last September, and I have
been a subscriber to this list since.  I have gathered a lot of great ideas
and things to watch out for, and I wanted to send my appreciation to
everyone for sharing their experiences. I can't wait to get back for my
next vacation, I am envious of everyone who gets to touch, ride in, work on
or just see a real live Scout everyday.

Now to my main topic, getting sentimental.  There was a gentleman a few
weeks ago that wrote into ask a technical question for his son, and gave
his email address as @domain.elided, great school and my alma mater.  Tell him
to keep working hard, it is difficult enough to get in, even harder to
graduate (not plugging myself, just a good school).  Then today I read an
email from a man who said he went to Yuba College, which I am assuming is
in Yuba, California.  My dad went there for a while and we grew up in
Arbuckle, 20 miles away.

It is just nice to see the familiar when you are far from home, and I
couldn't help but comment on it.  And hey, open invitation to any Digester
or general IH lover, come to Paris and I will personally (work permitting
of course) show you where to go, what to see and how to have a good time
without spending a lot of money, which can then be saved to work on your
Scout!  Thanks for the space.

Dirk

Dirk Kolnsberg
Technical Training Coordinator