Re: Sticky Lifter

>>One thing to try *before* you go and dump ATF down the intake..
>>
>>Drain off (or just don't add back in after it leaks out) a quart of oil,
>>and put one quart of ATF in.  Highly detergent oil, but you should only
>>run this 100 miles before you change the oil.
>>Other variations I've heard include draining the oil, filling with
>>diesel fuel, start it up, but only run it until it *just* starts to warm
>>up and then shut 'er down.  Drain and fill with motor oil.
>>-Tom
>

>Tom-
>
>So put diesel fuel into the oil fill hole?  And fill it up to capacity
>(equivalent to adding oil)?  And then run the engine on regular gasoline?
>
>Boy, I'm getting some very interesting ideas from this thread.  Anyone with
>any input on any of these that may be dangerous, please let me know.  You
>all know my luck, and if anything could be dangerous, it will for me!
>
>Thanks!
>
>Michael

If you wanna get radical--add about a pint of xylene to the #2 diesel when
you fill the crankcase with it!! Let the engine get good and warm (use
cardboard to block the radiator off), BUT: DO NOT run the engine above
about 1200 rpm, or under any load AT ALL with this brew in its crankcase!!!

This VILL remofe  (Sgt. Schultz' spelling) all sludge and varnish!

After draining this, and tossing the filter, fill the crankcase with a
light motor oil with one qt. of ATF. Run easy for two three hours, then
drain and change filter again. You NEED to flush all the residual xylene
out of the engine with the second oil change before putting any serious
load on the engine!!!!

Regards, Greg