d44 front bearings

Howdy. The D44 front end is making a 'grumble gumble'
on taking a right turn. I'm suspecting it's a wheel
bearing issue ('79 S II). Having never done this
before, let me verify the procedure...

 Remove the hub - looks like 6 bolts.

 Remove brake pads & caliper. Should be easy.

 Hub nuts out.

 Hub & rotor come off, bearings are now in your hand
unless they have fallen out on the ground.

 Pack new bearings in grease & reassemble.

Sounds easy at least - what have I missed ? I'm
planning on replacing inner&outer bearings on
both sides for good measure. Also new brake pads
and I think the axles should come right out for
U-joint replacement.

What's the proper torque spec for the large hub nuts?
50 ft-lb and then unscrew 1/6 of a turn ????

Thanks much,
-Damon