Cost of gas & mileage

I think the world is coming to an end I just paid $1.299 for Mobil Super
premium.  This is the highest in years.

The good news is Scout has been getting steady 13.6 mpg to work & back and
yesterday got 14.8.  I rigged up an intake air heater by jamming the
tubeing against one of the header pipes, actually works.  This seems to
make it run noticeably better during warmup.  And maybe helps gas mileage
during cold weather.  But, maybe that is hallucination.

Since I replaced the oil pressure sender it has used 1/2 qt of oil in 800
miles.  Yaaaa Hoooo.  Maybe the compression readings are correct.  Maybe
this thing really only has 65,000 miles on it.

Steve

Steven A. Stegmann
     _/_/_/    _/      _/_/_/ "No free man shall ever be debarred the use
   _/    _/   _/_/   _/    _/  of arms.  The strongest reason for the
   _/        _/ _/   _/        people to retain the right to keep and bear
    _/_/    _/  _/    _/_/     arms is, as a last resort, to protect
       _/  _/_/_//       _/    themselves against tyranny in government"
 _/_/_/  _/     _/ _/_/_/         Thomas Jefferson, June 1776