Re: Balancing Flywheels for 345/392

>I'm confused after Greg Hermann's comments on changing flywheels between
>304/345/392s.  Is this a concern for people who use a vehicle simply for a
>daily driver and very little high-performance?  After I locate a 304/345/392
>flywheel drilled for a 11-inch clutch do I need to get it balanced before I
>install it?

I am not positive, but it is quite possible that you should.

 If I find a flywheel that was behind a 345 do I still need to
>get it re-balanced?

Not for use on a 345.

 Anybody need a 345 flywheel for an automatic?  It's in
>excellent shape.  Pay the freight and it's yours.

I'll take it, along with the long bolts and the adapter piece that goes
between it and the crank flange! Get me off list.

Regards, Greg