Re: Towing with a Travelall

Curt Cleavinger wrote:
> eyes open for a set of 3/4 ton axles? Does anyone have a 30 spline
> 5 bolt travelall axle I could buy to carry as a spare?

Hmmm.

How about pulling one out and measuring, Curt.  The axle *type* is the
same as your Scout '44.. I'm wondering if maybe a 1/2T Dana 44 Travelall
rear axle would have an axle shaft close enough in length.. or maybe
some other FS truck.

Of course, a Dana 60 and a '44 of the same overall width will have
different length axle shafts thanks to the larger ring gear of the '60..
but maybe there's a '44 out there that's pretty close..

-Tom