transmissions

  I have seen a couple ads on the Binder Bulletin for
5-speeds from IH trucks.
  Will these trani's fir in a Scout II? If yes, what
kind of gear ratios do they have?

  I took my Scout to a muffler shop yesterday and had
them cut out the two-chamer Flowmasters that were on
and weld in some (IMHO) reasonable mufflers. I can now
hear myself think while driving, and I can hear what
the engine sounds like at idle. I now have to track
down what sounds like an exhaust leak, never heard it
before, but not sure if it's new or just blocked by
the noise of the flowmasters before.

===
Russ D.
'73 Scout II 304