Re: Here's what's going on w/my Scout/Help in the Bay Area?

Ken:

Now, I do live in expensive CA. And, I do, (or have) made a pretty good
living. I am a finance person by trade, so I am pretty damn conservative
when it comes to personal finance. However, I do consider myself quite aware
such that, seemingly high prices don't usually phase me. It all comes out in
the wash.

But, I had to laugh out loud when I saw a newspaper ad for the new Jag XJ8
(or whatever the XKE replacement is). It said:

       "Feel the thrill! Fantastic lease rates. Only $799/month."

THAT'S MORE THAN MY HOUSE PAYMENT. AND, this is a lease. Big balloon payment
at the end. Sheesh, what is the world coming to. The ad tried to pass this
off as an "everyday" type of occurance.

Hell, I live in the Bay Area where the concentration of high earners (notice
I didn't say wealth) is quite high. But $799/month for a car.

Tom H.