Re: Throughly modern light line

Chris:

Cheap! These folks. I don't think so. You should have seen the wedding my
future brother-in-law threw (the dairy farmer I was talking about) for his
daughter. Had to cost $50,000.

My point wasn't that IH was bad. Just that the general public perception was
that they were dated and very slow to change - slower than GM and Ford
anyway. (Howard, you were there. Am I offbase here?) And "perception is
reality" in the political and marketing world. Thus, IH sales just weren't
happening.

Speaking of the new Dodge design: I've never much cared for Chryslers, other
than some of their great muscle cars. And, even those, were not real
innovative, well put together or durable in my opinion. Powerfull and fast
yes. I mean, a 426 hemi powered Road Runner is awesome, but a Camaro of that
erra was much more sexy. (IMHO - realize that I drove the "car that saved
Chrysler" for a number of years - the Omni)

Anyway, that was then. I think the "risks" that Chrysler took with that new
truck design were innovative! And, frankly, I love it. I only wish that the
other manufacturers would take such risks, only in a different way, so that
we could really differentiate the marques. I think that would be delightfull
and so American. I did note that one of the new "cab forward design"
Chryslers, I think it was the Concorde, recieved favorable reliability
ratings in the latest Consurmer Reports Annual Car Guide. Why to go
Chrysler!

Tom H.