Throughly modern light line

>But he mentioned that IH "really blew it" when it came to
>modernization and innovation, and that's why they went under (thier light
>That reminded me that I always saw IH as "being behind" in their
>boxy exteriors

Well, wait just a damn second!?!

Please show me how my friend's '79 F150 is more "modern" than my '70
Travellette?  WTH are they talking about?  Truck bodies were boxy until the
revived Dodge Ram, and GM is still not doing it.

The interior?  Not likely.  My '73 has a center console, AM/FM, integrated
heater/AC controls, etc, etc.  Again making my friend's '79 look as inviting
and sophisticated as a Yugo.

Innovation?  Hell, they had rear wheel ABS in 1985.  The IC engine in
'73....double belted alternators....

And as for the funny colors- YOU were there--in the '70s, ugly was IN!!!
All they needed was multi-threaded shag rug carpeting..  I don't remember
that in the big 3 vehicles, either.  'Sides, you could get ANY exterior
color you wanted....

Steering wheel? If they were really buying Scouts, then the SSII had a very
cool, and *small* steering wheel!!!

>But, they are frugal folks

Aha!! Sounds like they were simply just too f*cking cheap to keep buying
IH's.

In Use: 70 1210 4x4 TE, 73 1210 WM
Project (2nd time) 67 1000B PU
Parts: 67 1000B TA   68 1100 4x4 TA  72 1010 TA