Re: Scout 800 Front axles

I think the distinction should have been "IN A SCOUT II a Dana 44 has one
U-bolt around part of the diff case."  There was never much reason to
worry about axle ID in the 800 as there was only one used at a particular
time and as several have noted, only 27's and 30's were used in 800's
from the factory.  I've never looked at their mounting closely, but it
appears the U-bolts are different on them than in the Scout II.

Remember, this item started out as identification of parts on a 1973
Scout II.

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

On Sun, 18 Apr 1999 11:33:24 -0400 Doug Rasmussen
<DougRasmussen@domain.elided> writes:
>Message text written by "Matt and Stacy Sopher"
>>I believe mine is a Dana 44.....
>you guys said that if one of the ubolts lines up on the casing of the
>dif=
>f,
>it's a 44, right?
>My question is, Why have a 44 up front and a 30 in the rear?<
>
>Matt,
>
>  I don't think having the u-bolt on the casing of the diff means it's
>44.  Both my 800 Dana 27 & 30 have that feature.
>
>Doug

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]