Re: your mail

Russ,

Before you do the valley cover gasket, do the valve cover gaskets.  They
are usually leaking and can mimic a dozen other leaks.  I used "The Right
Stuff" from Permatex and they haven't leaked yet.  One Scouter had trouble
getting an oil pan loose after using the right stuff.  I haven't tried to
get anything loose yet, so can't give that experience.

But after finally fixing the leak from the valve covers, and the oil
pressure sending unit, my Scout used 1/2 quart in 800 miles.  Not too
shabby.  I guess my oil rings are ok.

Steve
Steven A. Stegmann
     _/_/_/    _/      _/_/_/ "No free man shall ever be debarred the use
   _/    _/   _/_/   _/    _/  of arms.  The strongest reason for the
   _/        _/ _/   _/        people to retain the right to keep and bear
    _/_/    _/  _/    _/_/     arms is, as a last resort, to protect
       _/  _/_/_//       _/    themselves against tyranny in government"
 _/_/_/  _/     _/ _/_/_/         Thomas Jefferson, June 1776