Re: ihc-digest V6 #731

>Greg:
>
>Where might one find these Nokia tires? COSTCO, America's Tire Company, Earl
>Schieb, Sears, any of the majors?
>
>Tom H.

They are on the net. Their US distribution center in in Tennessee--memphis
or Nashville, don't recall. <www.nokiantires.com>?? (Might be
nokiantyres.com) (I think their Finnish site is <www.nokiantyres.fin>

They have a few distributors around the country. I think Peerless handles
them, but is iffy on a lot of sizes.

Meadow Creek Performance Tire Warehouse in Denver is a distributor, & sells
wholesale to the public. Head dude's name there is George. Good guy.

(Obligatory: No commercial interest here!) (Although George knows who I am
and takes good care of me. :-))

These tires are absolutely AWESOME on snow and all varieties of hardpack
and ice!

One warning: DO NOT EVEN THINK about running just two of them on a vehicle
in bad weather condition!!

Tried that once on a little front driver--even with MXV4 Michelins on the
back, it would swap ends quickly enough to make you dizzy when braking on
slick stuff!!

On a rear driver, in the slick, two of them only on the back will turn mild
understeer into "NO-STEER"!!

Good --as in a lot better than Blizzaks--without studs, but absolutely
AWESOME with studs. But--they will outwear Blizzaks 4 to 1.

And--for any of you flatlanders--they make "all-seaon" tread tires which
are way superior to most true M&S tires in slick stuff---just that in the
mountains we have learned to consider "all-season" tires to be "no-season"
tires!!

Nokia also make a high performance, high speed rated (H rating, I think),
low profile, snow tire!

Hey--the Finns are pretty clever folks, as well as being kinda nuts,
particularly their rally drivers. Look at how well they stood off the USSR
(and the Nazis) all those decades!!

Regards, Greg