Re: Tranny Advise

Michael,
   I've rebuilt one already and have three more to do. They are fairly
straight forward. Just follow the shop manual. What would help also is
the parts manual as it has full blow aparts of the tranny peice by
piece.
   I used the full rebuild kit from NAPA, cost was $75. This didn't
include the valve body rebuild parts. I also installed a new valve body,
Turbo Action Cheeta manual/auto shift valve body, cost $130 from Summit.
   The only hard parts are pulling the pump face, this takes either a
pair of slide hammers or a puller that I made to do it. Also, I NEW, not
bent, large C-clamp to compress the servoes for removal.

_____Dan Nees_____
cookiedan@domain.elided

Good, getting a new heart.
Bad, growing UP.
Ugly, about to under go complete reconstructive surgery.

http://www.triplediamond.org