Sway bar bending advice needed

How does one go about bending a sway bar?
I have a rear sway bar that I want to install, because when I carry my
camper, my truck really leans on corners.  However, the sway bar I have
is from a '74, and I have a '72 pickup.  From discussion with Ken F.,
it seems that for 74/75, IH moved the springs out from the frame further.
The frame width stayed the same, but the springs moved closer to the
wheels on the axle.  So my sway bar is too wide.  I need to bend each
end in about 3".

If I use my acetylene torch and heat the 1-1/4" bar enough to bend it some
more where it is already bent, will that ruin the sway bar?
I would think if it were just regular steel, the answer is no.  But if it
is some
type of spring steel, or specially treated, then I would think the
answer is yes, it would be ruined.

Anyone have or seen a narrower bar from a 73 or earlier rig?  For sale?

Thanks
Allan Weidenheimer
72 1210 Pickup