Re: Spring over questions.

On Thu, 15 Apr 1999 josad@domain.elided wrote:

> ok, big questoin here:  any special tools needed?  I've never torn down a
> front axle before, so I don't want to find out I need some tool before I
> can put the outer parts on?  i'd have to go look, but aren't the knuckles
> connected by u-joints?  just replace those? (might as well...)

You'll need the spindle nut socket.. it's special.  It's NOT the "spanner
wrench" like Ford n' Chevy used.  I don't know *exactly* what it is off
the top of my head, but I have one outside. ;-)  OR - do you have Auto
hubs?  You'd also need a small allen wrench with the autos.

Otherwise.. 9/16" and 1/2" sockets.. oh yeah, I think a 3/16" allen for
the brake caliper retaining bolt.

> shock extenders areabout $2 each, we'll use them here as we're just gonna
> drive backe to SLC, where we're going to take proper measure measurements
> and vuy the right ones.

?  Why not put the stock U-bolt plates on upside down and side for side
and just use stock shocks? Until you can order the "right" shocks, of
course..

-Tom>