Drive train

I've been racking my Brain, trying to figure out a way to
lower my gear ratio way down.  Here is another one of my
silly ideas.

Has anyone tried to change the gears in the transfercase?
What if I went into the transfer case and changed some of
the gearing around so that it would be a little slower when
I'm four wheeling?

Have you guys already talked about this?

I've thought about the two transfer cases and I don't think
I want to go that route.

Thanks again

Richie Houdek
73 Scout II (flying J)