Re: Priming the oil pump

In a message dated 4/13/99 4:41:46 PM Central Daylight Time,
Steve.Stegmann@domain.elided writes:

> Eldon,
>
>  In the IH SV engines, how is the top of the valve lubricated?  I imagine
the
>  push rod is hollow as in other engines to take care of that.

     The rocker arms have a small passage that goes from the bushing on the
pivot to the top of the arm.  A small amount of oil flows thru the passage,
and runs down the top, then down the end of the arm to the top of the valve
stem.

>  Thanks,
>
>  Steve

your welcome