Re: cut-out fender flares, etc.

Chance:

A 14 bolt corporate and a Dana 60 front axle? Say, you stole a Chevy or GMC
3/4 ton set up didn't you?

$4,500 is a little steep. Oh, I agree, if you are going to see it through,
the resulting vehicle would be well worth it. But still, forking out the
$4,500 just for the motor before you even do the swap, the body work and so
forth, is a little more than most of us Digesters spend on our Scouts. Of
course, that might just be our problem. :-)

How about the 6.9l? Bet you could get one far cheaper. Sure, you won't get
electronic injection and can probably "only" tweak 500 ft lbs of toruque out
of one, but hey...........Of course, you'd have to install a turbo. Diesels
just beg for turbos. Hmmmm........ Maybe the 7.3l is the way to go. You'll
allready have the turbo and the modern injection system and all the benefits
of both.

I know that I saw an article about an SII with the 6.9 many years ago - (no
turbo yet). This was before I discovered the Digest so I thought I was the
only Scout loving fool in the world. And, the 6.9l into the Scout seemed
like the "cat's meow" to me. I wanted to find a way. (Diesel was still less
than unleaded regular back then.) But of course, I've since lost the
magazine and have no reference. I do remember that the owner put some "corn
cob" decals on the front fenders near the doors and they called it "corn
binder" or some such name.

If your into diesels, check out the diesel section of the "Binder Bulliten"
that our own Eldon Mcfarling set up and come to "Diesel Chat" on Thurday
evenings at 8:00 PM Central time via the same website. You might want to
check Eldon's own website too! Here's last weeks notice with some links for
you.

Eldon told us two weeks ago that you can get the stock, Ford transmission
bellhousing for the 7.3l or you could get a SAE bellhousing from IH (used in
their applications).

> Just a reminder for the chat session thursday evening at 8pm central time
in
> the chat lounge on the Binder Bulletin site.  Also I have added a links
page
> to the IH DIESEL PAGE, and a page with detailed spec's for the Nissan
SD33T
> engine.   I also added a page with condensed spec's for several popular IH
> engines.

> See you tonite!

> http://www.binderbulletin.com/chat.html

>  Eldon McFarling