Mike Abrusci

Mike,

I have lost your personal e-mail address.

I have a correction to the note I sent you regarding camber measurement.

Measure the camber of each wheel.
    Note positive and negative readings. Positive is when the top of the
wheel leans
    outward.

Turn the Scout around and put the right tire where the left was and the left
where the
    right was.

Measure the camber of each wheel.
     Note positive and negative readings

Add the two readings for the right wheel.
If the readings are +1/4 deg and -3/4 deg this would be:
  (+0.25) + (-0.75) = (-0.5)

Divide by two (2).   Continuing the above example,   (-0.5) / 2 = (-0.25)

So the camber of the right wheel would be -0.25 degrees

Now do the same with the readings from the left wheel

Let me know if you have questions.

Check with a local auto parts that carries "Moog" products.  He will be able
to show you the selection of shims available.  Each different shim has its
own part number.  For my 1979 D44 axle I used "Pattern Number 2".  There are
shims available for many different spindle bolt patterns.  Moog calls the
product "moog 4x4 camber shims"

Steve