Re: 304 valve noise

In Linda Tripp's secret telephone recording, Monica and "Chuck Welles"
<cfw3@domain.elided> were heard saying...

>Anyway,
>with a few well placed blasts of air out shot a little aluminum
>pellet (about .25 inches in diameter) which was lodged in the oil
>passage which fed the rear main and cam.
>
>I couldn't believe it, how it got there I dont know, but I remember
>seeing a warning about a plug in the gasket set I bought from felpro.
>Anyway, I reassembled everything with a new cam, lifters, pushrods,
>and rocker assemblies (just to be sure) and the motor runs like new
>again.

I can tell you *exactly* where that little silver colored plug came from...
but I want your three best guesses first! <grin>

Congratulations on fixing the problem.

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com      |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | 1976 Scout II Traveler "Patriot" model
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |