Talked to another Scout 800 owner last night

Last week Howard let me know of another Scout 800 owner that is here in my
area.  I called the guy last night, and he has a '66 (same year as mine),
but get this: he has a 345 in his!  The PO had put it in apparently when
he put a snowplow on it.  Mark (the new owner) knows very little about
Scouts in general, so I talked to him for about an hour last night.  The
tranny he has right now is a t-90, but it has blown a gear or something.
He has found a 4 speed t-18 in CO though and is looking at swapping it in.
I gave him some more info on Scouts and the little I know, and it sounded
like he was happy to meet someone that knew more about them than he did.

Since I have (I think) a 3 speed in one of my parts Scouts, I offered to
let him use it until he could get that one from CO, but he said it needs
to be a t-90AA or it will blow the gears apart with that 345.  So where on
mine do I look for this designation??  Will the 3 speed I have right now
(currently bolted up to a trashed 4 cyl) swap into his with the v8 easily?
Will bellhousings swap?  Is there anyway to tell if the one I have will
bolt up to his engine without taking mine out and trying it? He didn't
know what year the 345 came out of either.  I am sure he could probably
find out since he works with the PO.  Is it stamped on the block anywhere?
For some reason I am thinking it isn't.  I did tell him where to look to
verify that it was a 345 though, told him there should be a stamp on the
block above the fuel pump and/or a stamp on the valley pan. I hope this is
right?  I know it should be there with my 4 cyl.  It's sounding like Mark
won't be getting online anytime soon, so I may be asking a lot of
questions for him in the future.:)  Much thanks in advance!

Dan Felix
1966 Scout 800 - still at mech's
1965 Scout 80 - still sitting on a pallet
1964 Scout 80 - it can still roll!

If we could just get everyone to close their eyes and visualize world
peace for an hour, imagine how serene and quiet it would be until
the looting started.