Tranny mounts...

     Binders,

        Don't get me wrong, I like to support the hometown IHC crowd and
     all, but to get taken advantage of for the sake of a name?  I don't
     think so.  About 6 months ago when I was getting the Tranny in my
     scout rebuilt, I ordered a Tranny mount from a well known IH supplier,
     nameless as it is unimportant here.  I was charged $35 for two rubber
     insulators that make up the transmission mount.  They arrived to me in
     a box with some other parts I had ordered, and lo and behold there was
     a Navistar part tag on them.  Well, I have been hanging on to the tag,
     and yesterday things came to fruition.  I need a tranny mount in my
     travelall.  Well, I dug out the tags, and went to my local IH/Navistar
     medium/heavy truck dealer.  I rode my motorcycle, since they'd lock
     the door if they saw I had a light truck.  Walked in and dropped the
     tags on the counter and said: Yeah, I need two more of these mounts.

        The guy types it in the computer, grabs the tag, walks in back, and
     returns with two brand new off the shelf IH tranny mounts!  Total
     cost, WITHOUT my cool guy 'Uncles shop' discount, was: 28.63!

        The same mounts, for 7 dollars less and no shipping!  If you have a
     Navistar dealer in your town or area, you too can get these mounts.
     If you are interested in the part number, email me.  I posted about
     this some months back, but had no response.

        Some factory parts are still out there.

        Let me know if you need a tranny mount.

     -Joel