Re: axle ratios

>The first set of 3/4 ton axles I got have a 4.09 rear and a 4.10 front.  The
>second set have a 4.09 front and a 4.10 rear.  What gives?
>Rik

Mebbe somebody switched the tags on one set?????

You can get a 45:11 ring and pinion for a 44---4.09

You can get a 40:10 ring and pinion for a 60--4.10

Dana-Spicer never made them the other way around for either axle.

If you can still read the numbers stamped on the tip of the pinion shaft
(in the center of the nut which holds the yoke on) these will tell the
truth! Also-- If you pull the rear cover, and rotate, the tooth counts are
usually stamped somewhere on the outside rim of the ring gear.

Regards, Greg