RE: new scout 800 owner

Bill,

I've got a '70 800A as well.  I live in nearby Apex.  We just moved here, so
it may be awhile before I can work on mine, but it sounds like we've got
almost identical rust problems.  I95% sure tht the rust I've got below the
doors towards the back wheel wells (on both sides) are coming from leaking
gas tanks.  Not major leaks, but enough to soak the previos owners sad bondo
job.  So, I'm looking at dropping the tanks, repair/replace them, maybe put
in a roll bar while the tanks are out, and (back to the point) repair the
rust.  I've also got rust where the bed meets the passenger side "wheel
well" on the inside.  As far as rust prevention, etc., I've thought about
getting the entire inside Rhinolined.  It's kind of expensive, but they can
match the color, and did I mention my beast is 70s orange?  At some point,
I'll be either replacing or re-arching my springs.

You can look at my 800A online -- http://www.ipass.net/~gillespie -- and
click on Interests...

Bryan