How do I install a freeze plug?

howdy all,

I am about to install a freeze plug into the engine (345 in a 70 pickup)
and I am wondering how I do this?  it is on the passinger side, front if
tha tmatters.  and it just looks like you would pound it in (it is metal,
I bought it at NAPA) and I was wondering if there is anything that I need
to do?  is there any kind of sealent that I need to use?  and do I just
ound this thing in>?  I wanted to check with everyone befoer I get to
doing it.

thanks,
Luke