Silencing project, floors

Well, I held off on the tranny so I could look for the oil next
week.  So I started working on another project--I picked
up some sound insulation for street rods at a swap meet,
and glued it to the back of the cab.  Then I cut a piece of 1/4"
hardboard to go across the entire back of the cab.  I plan
to glue some 1/2"  foam to it, then cover it with vinyl that matches
my seats.  And hang some small trays from it to hold spare oil,
parts, etc.  Space is REALLY a premium inside a regular IHC
pickup cab.  I'll let everyone know if I find the cab to be much
quieter when it is back on the road.

I also thought this would be a good time to paint my floors with
POR-15. Well, in cleaning them off, I found more rust than I thought I
had, right down in the bottom rear corner of the kickpanel.  Looks
like I have to plan for some more extensive repairs with the wirefeed.
I guess rust and icebergs have one thing in common:  you can only
see 10% on the surface!

Allan Weidenheimer
72 1210 Pickup