Re: Fwd: [Fwd: FW: Gas boycott]

> THE GREAT "GAS OUT"
>
> It's time we did something about the price
> of gasoline in America!  We are all sick and
> tired of high prices when there are literally
> millions of gallons in storage.
>
> Know what I found out?  If there was just
> ONE day when no one purchased any
> gasoline, prices would drop drastically.
> The so-called oil cartel has decided to
> slow production by some 2 million barrels
> per day to drive up the price.  I have decided
> to see how many Americans we can get
> to NOT BUY ANY GASOLINE on one
> particular day!
>
> Let's have a GAS OUT!  Do not buy any
> gasoline on APRIL 30, 1999!!!!!
> Buy on Thursday before, or Saturday after.
> Do not buy any gasoline on FRIDAY,
> APRIL 30, 1999.
> Wanna help?  Send this message to
> everyone you know.  Ask them to do the same.
> All we need is a few million to participate in
> order to make a difference.
> Let me know how many you will send out.
> We CAN make a difference.
>
>   Thanks.

Here is that info I was talking about.  I am not "encouraging" or championing this
idea by any means, but am very interested in what some of the more informed
members of our digest think about this idea.  I know that this may spark some
heated debate, and I don't mean to stir anything up, but I would like to think
what you guys think about this.
I apologize if anyone think sthis is too off-topic, but I do think that if those
of us that STRIVE for 15 MPG were to find an effective means of protest, it may be
worthwhile!

Michael