Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 09:49:13 -0800
From: Tom Harais <tjhemh@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: tranny again?

Dan:

I watched a tranny shop do just that to my Uncle's van when servicing the
trans. They drained the torque convertor by unhooking the lines from the
radiator - and get this - and then they started the engine and put the
trans in gear!

I haven't seen it done since and other folks have told me that this was 1)
Uneccessary and, 2) dangerous to the transmissions longevity.

But you know, if you got water in the trans fluid, then it's in the torque
convertor too. And, you need to get it all out. Perhaps going as far as
removing trans for draining/cleaning and draining the torque converter and
the lines to the radiator as well.

Tom H.