Re: 5th wheel

> I can't believe know one has anything to say about towing a fifth wheel
> with a traveler.  I do appreciate any input
> Ekelmann

John - no comments on how practical and how much you can tow from me...
just that the Scout II and the Traveler are STILL only rated for
5,000lbs towing capacity.  I'm not sure that it changes with a
gooseneck.

But, if you want a gooseneck setup.. how about what I have softa mocked
up in the backyard.. a Traveler body tub with a 100" Traveltop on it.
Put some square door glass in it, and build a bulkhead below the
liftgate.  JUST enough room for a 5th wheel hitch back there.

Looks a lot like a fast-back Scout II.

You should've bought the IH pickup Fleck was selling not long ago...

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout