Lubrication System

John,

<< Here's how the V8 lubrication system works... >>

So, where does the pressure gauge get its reading at, in the chain? During
summer, the oil pressure drops to zero at idle, especially when wheeling, so I
up the idle to around 1100 rpm's. I've never heard any of the lifters click or
any kind of knocking from rod or crank bearings. It's been this way for about
3 years. (about 75,000 miles)

I've had a couple of Scout owners tell me that cams and or cam bearings tend
to need to be replaced at about 100,000 miles and is the cause for low or no
oil pressure. Based on my engine, it seems that the gauge gets its reading
after the cam bearings. Any thoughts or facts, digesters?

STeve