Johns Idea on Ignition

John...

We have all gotten use to seeing those little rice burners go and go and
go. My girlfriend has one a 89 honda civic, and in the last 10 yrs she
has only needed to do a handfull of replacment items for it. People see
these 100k milage tune ups from chevy and ford and think.."Hey will mine
last that long??" You are very correct in the fact that PM preventive
manitenance is the best for dependiability and longivity.

Jim

p.s. for the chats about dist wires, and which ones fit the best. After
dealing with everyone's(borg warner autolite etc...)  I finally found
the ones that fit.....AXCEL custom fit. They come with plug end boots
and you cut to fit what ever size you want.

5% of the people installing aftermarket ignition systems replace just
about every component (plug, wires, ignition module, rotor, cap, etc.)
when they perform the upgrade.  They're blown away by the performance
increase when they could have gotten the same effect by replacing
everything with quality auto part store fare and doing a tune-up in the
first place.  It's the $350.00 they just spent at Jacob's that finally
gets them off their butt to tune-up their engine.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the aftermarket ignition
systems... just that more value for the money can be had elsewhere...
like purchasing some basic diagnostic equipment and doing regular
tune-ups, etc.