Re: Brakes

Leaving the vacuum issue for someone else, if the shoes/pads were replaced and
the drum/rotor not machined, it may take a short while for the parts to groove
together.  Try to find a safe quiet spot, (where there is nothing too
expensive to hit), and ride the brakes for a short distance, (a few hundred
feet?), and see if they improve as the parts seat.  This is what I would do,
others may think it unsafe so be careful, whatever.
Dennis Millward