Re: crew cab/wagon master

Jon Wangelin wrote:

> Hi,
> Thanks for the reply.  There seems to be a difference between the two.  See
> the enclosed pict of a travelette.  Were there specific years that these were
> offered?
>
> Thanks
> Jon
>
> MikeIIDC@domain.elided wrote:
>
> > Jon Wangelin wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > What is the difference(s) between an IHC crew cab and a wagon master?
> > > It seems as though most of the WM's were 2wd. Is this true?  They were
> > > good looking rigs.
> > >
> > > Thanks

Jon-

Yes, there is definitely a difference between the two.  The crewcab/travelette
was the traditional crewcab PU, with a separate cab and body.  The WM was one
"piece" so to speak, with the two connected.  The WM also had a VERY short
bed-shorter than a short bed crewcab.  WM uses Travelall body parts-including the
rear quarters-just below the windows.  There are actually "grooves" that are just
filled with hard rubber-much like window trim-in the top of the rear quarters.  I
have not investigated this, but my thinking is these are the same pieces that the
glass would fit into along the bottom of the Travelall rear windows.  I am not
completely sure on this, so I've added the post onto the digest to get some more
knowledgeable input, but I believe they were made mainly in '73 and '74.
That's about all I can tell you about them.

Michael