Re: clutch problems

On Sun, 21 Mar 1999 10:47:32 -0800 "Jeff" <tark_terra@domain.elided>
writes:
>OK Kurt, Roy I and others who care,
>I pulled my engine and tranny out today (again) to investigate and
>switch things around.  As I said, both throw out "retainers or
>collars"  were the same (both truck models??).  That is, the distance
>from the bearing surface to the surface where the fork acts on is
>about 2" for both. Actually the one I measured was 1.960".  It seems
>like it would need to be about 2.5".

I don't have dimensions, but from the parts books I find the following
part numbers for release bearing sleeves:

100-200		6 Cyl	416 291 C11
		V-8	355 213 C91 with 11118 Clutch
			416 291 C11 with 11216 Clutch
		RHD	355 213 C31

Scout II		All	416 291 C12

Scout 800A/B	4	860 857 R31
		6	180 155 R21
		V-8	62 634 HDX below G353469
			180 155 R21 above    "
		RHD	860 057 R31

Scout 80A		4	860 057 R31
		8	62 634 HDX
		RHD	860 057 R31

Scout 80		All	860 057 R31

I went out to my local parts source.  He had two lengths on his shelf,
but didn't know what they came from.  62 634 HDX for the early V-8's
measured 1.01" from the back of the front tab for the fork to the back of
the release bearing.  The part number was a part of the casting for this
one.  The longer one had no part number, but I would guess it was
probably a Scout II sleeve, 416 291 C12, as he had 3 of this one to one
of the shorter one and it measured 1.16" for the same dimension.  Add .8"
to get to the front side of the bearing.

Perhaps someone out there has another bearing and sleeve that they can
identify and they can add another measurement.

Howard

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]