cruise control

Cruise Control experts unite!
   Good has cruise sontrol. The vacumn solinoid works. (The big thing
behind the carb that pulls the throttle) I'm pretty sure the electronics
work, because the speakers pop when I turn it on and off. When I was
working on the valve cover I put the hoses back on the controler
backwards.
   I took a drive down the shore today and on the drive the cruise
sort-of kicked on. That is I could take my foot off the gas and it would
hold 55MPH. When I turned the cruise on the truck started to,
EXCELLERATE! I had to hit the brake to stop, and then it would start
right back up again!
   At this point I realised that something was wrong, so I pulled over
and when UI opened the hood the solinoid was completely compressed. I
switched the hoses around and it stopped doing what it was doing.
   Now it is back to where it was, not working. I know the vacumn thingy
works because it was still holding vacumn after the engine was shut
down. What could be wrong?

_____Dan Nees_____
cookiedan@domain.elided

1 Scout II 1979 named Good
1 Scout II 1971 named Bad
1 Scout II 1979 named Ugly
I'm looking for a Travelall to name For a Few Dollars More. (It has to
be free the dollars are to spend on it)

http://www.triplediamond.org