brakes

>I've driven those sort of trucks in the 70's, but I've never
>experienced them spinning wildly out of control when the rear brakes did
lock

Yeah, but that's because the spin axis in an unloaded p/up is about where
the carb is!  Ok, I exaggerate, but you get my point.  I have grabby rear
brakes on the TE and it doesn't spin.  In fact, it hardly slows down at all
in any case!  BUT... If you lock up the rears in something with a full body
like a Scout, it can swap ends PDQ.

I think even the best drivers would rather have front lock up in a SUV.  You
have to figure that you just aren't at the same level of concentration as
you are on a bike, for instance, and by the time your brain overrides your
adrenaline you will probably be looking out the rear window for steering
correction info.

In Use: 70 1210 4x4 TE, 73 1210 WM
Project (2nd time) 67 1000B PU
Parts: 67 1000B TA   68 1100 4x4 TA  72 1010 TA