bad news and good news

Well, folks, it looks like I won't be driving my 800 to Charlotte for the
Regionals.  I took her out for a first "highway test drive" the other night
and discovered that her top speed is 55 MPH with the engine screaming.
Bummer, huh?  I don't think a 4+ hour drive with the engine approaching
redline makes good sense.  <sigh>

In happier news, Skip Duplissey dropped by today for a visit and some
wrench turning.  Well, OK, no wrenches were turned; but, we did do some
electrical troubleshooting which, I'm overjoyed to say, resulted in the $75
wonderScout running for the first time in months.  That, and it (once
again) has working brake lights.  Yippee!

Back to the wrenches, now...

Alan