Re: tranny fluid leak..Traveller/727

Tony,
   This could be the old speedo gear opening in the output shaft. It is
on the drivers side in the lmiddle of the output shaft and the seal for
it is an O-ring behind the plug. The output seals betweent he tranny and
the transfer case are a bit of a pain. I would remove the output shaft
housing, pull the transfer case and support the tranny with a jack and
remove the mount and the 5 or so bolts holding it on, and pull it off.
The seals NAPA part number is on my web site in my FAQ section, either
under part numbers of in my 727 rebuild. You will need to remove the
ball bearing from the insed of the shaft then use a long punch and a
hammer to get the old seals out. The new ones need to be gently tapped
into place just like a grease seal on a rotor.

_____Dan Nees_____
cookiedan@domain.elided
http://www.triplediamond.org