RE: Off topic but worth the read

Sentimental / Political Mode On:

Kevin Curry wrote:
> I've already shared this with a few of you via ICQ but I thought the
> rest of you would like to read it:
>
> http://www.worldnetdaily.com/bluesky_excomm/19990316_xex_heston_sp
> eec.shtml

You know, in a country of 250 million, it's easy to find the kind of
stupidity that Heston points out.  It was just as easy back in the 40s when
there was only 150 million.  And, back then, like today folks said the world
wasn't as good as it was in their youth, and was going to hell in a handbag.
Was there ever a wonderful time?  Back in the 50s?  When discrimination
against women, racial, religious minorities was rampant?

Of course, IHs were around then, as were quite a lot of cool devices that we
could maintain ourselves.  Like the old 40s lamps that I like to collect.
They are a snap to clean up.  Not new equipment.  Even electrical equipment
now is frequently composed of integrated everything.
If it develops a problem, then you need to throw it away because the cost of
labor is so high that you can't fix it, or can't afford to fix it.  And, of
course, you can't fit it yourself.

Disposable.  Yuck.

Sentimental / Political Mode Off:

IH Mechanical Mode on:

I finally got around to advancing the timing - 14 degrees.  And, the MSD-6AL
seems to be working fine (the crackling is supposed to be there?!?).  I'm at
.045" plug gaps, the carb is working fine again, and the nasty ported vacuum
leak is gone.  It feels like I've moved up two engine sizes.   I don't need
to shift as often anymore (good thing since my worn t-19 is a slow shifter),
and it's a lot more fun to drive.   Need to check out my city mileage now, -
since I barely press the accelerator pedal any more.

Ken Farmer